We are David Carpenter Watch Services Ltd of 16 High Street, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN1 1UX, United Kingdom and we are a Data Controller.
To help us provide the best possible service, we capture personal information about you but we respect and protect your privacy and do all we can to honour the trust you place in us by being transparent about what personal information we collect and how we use it, vowing to handle your data fairly and lawfully at all times.
What personal data do we collect
We may collect the following information about you:
· your name, surname;
· your contact details: telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address;
· when you make a purchase or place an order with us, your payment details;
· your correspondence and communications with us
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data. We may also collect personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us, or from publicly available sources.
Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
How we use your data
David Carpenter Watch Services Ltd use your personal data:
· to provide goods and services to you;
· to make a tailored website experience available to you;
· to manage any account(s) you hold with us;
· to verify your identity;
· for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
· to contact you electronically about promotional offers, events, products and services which we think may interest you;
· for analysis, insight and market research purposes to better understand your needs and ensure we are giving you what you like;
· to enable us to manage customer service interactions with you; and
· where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
Lawful basis for processing
Data collected when you contact us
When you submit a message through a ‘Contact Us’ form on our site we collect your name, e-mail address, phone number and message.
Lawful basis for processing: Consent given by data subject
When submitting a form on this website, the submitted data is sent to us. We use this data to contact you in relation to your enquiry. Access to data we collect is limited to the members of our staff who require that data to perform their duties and will add you to the mailing list.
Lawful basis for processing: Pursuance of our legitimate interests
We use your personal data for marketing purposes and may send you postal mail, texts and/or emails to update you on our latest offers and events.
We aim to update you about products and services of interest and relevance to you as an individual.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time, by contacting us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 01892 481060 or post to David Carpenter Watch Services Ltd, 16 High Street, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN1 1UX.
This may not stop service messages such as order updates.
The GDPR gives you rights over how your personal data is processed. You can exercise your rights by contacting us at David Carpenter Independent Watch Servicing of 16 High Street, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN1 1UX, United Kingdom. We will ask you to put your request in writing.
You have the following rights:
· the right to be informed about our processing of your personal data;
· the right to request access to personal data that we hold about you at any time;
· the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you;
· the right to object to processing of your personal data and/or to withdraw any consent you have given us and to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
· the right to prevent processing that is likely to cause damage or distress to you or anyone else;
· the right to request that we erase or destroy your personal data in certain circumstances (the right to be forgotten) for example when the data are no longer necessary for the purpose for which we collected them;
· the right to have your personal data provided to you by us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and the right to have that data transmitted to another data controller.
The GDPR requires us to implement appropriate technical measures to protect data. We verify the identity of any individual who requests access to data before granting access.
Cookies are small pieces of text that are stored by your browser. Each cookie has a name and is associated with a particular site. When your browser sends a request to a site (for example, to download a page, image, or video), the computer that responds (known as a server) may tell your browser to set one or more cookies. When your browser makes further requests to the same site it sends the cookies back to the server. This allows the server to remember you as you browse the site.
Sharing data with third parties
We will never sell or rent your personal information to other companies for marketing purposes. We will not disclose your personal information to any third party, except for those referred to below.
We may share your data with:
· purchasers, investors, funders and advisers if we sell our business or assets or restructure whether by merger, re-organisation or otherwise;
· our legal and other professional advisers, including our auditors;
· credit reference agencies where necessary for card payments;
· governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so to comply with our legal obligations and/or the administration of justice;
· to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases);
· for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and
· for the protection of our employees and customers.
· our service providers and suppliers.
In order to make certain services available to you, we have partnered with certain trusted third parties including IT, mailing, payment services, delivery and marketing service providers. We may need to share your personal information with some of our service partners. We only allow our service providers to handle your personal information when they have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to data protection and security, which mean they can only use your information to provide services to us and to you, and for no other purposes.
How long we keep your data
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of information.
In summary, various laws, accounting and regulatory requirements applicable to us require us to retain certain records for specific amounts of time. In relation to your personal data, we will hold this only for so long as we require that personal data for legal or regulatory reasons or for legitimate purposes and we will not keep your data for longer than is necessary for the purposes for which we collect them.
Questions and contact information
If you would like to access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact us via email email@example.com or by telephone on 01892 481060, or post to David Carpenter Watch Services Ltd, 16 High Street, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN1 1UX.